Associate Optometrist - Vancouver
Vancouver, British Columbia
Published: January 28, 2022
Full time permanent Optician / Optical Assistant
Lillooet, BC, Canada | Full Time
Sea to Sky Optometry is hiring a full-time permanent Optician / Optical Assistant at our location in Lillooet, BC. The Optician at Sea to Sky Optometry is an integral part of our practice to deliver excellent patient experience from the moment the patient calls our office, to helping them choose the right lenses and frames for their lifestyle. You will have the exciting opportunity to develop strong community relationships and build your dream career in this healthcare field. Sea to Sky Optometry currently has a practice in Pemberton and Lillooet is our second location which opened in November 2021. We are a passionate group with a friendly professional attitude connecting to our community to offer excellent eye care.
What we offer:
- Part of a team who will make a positive impact in the community by enhancing lives through improving vision.
- Competitive salary, benefits, and bonuses. Enjoy living in a community near the Sea to Sky without the high cost of living, allowing you to own property & enjoy time off!
- Industry leading development and training opportunities to continually expand your knowledge and reach your career goals.
- Workplace culture where we care about our team and our patients, always striving for our best and having fun along the way.
- Exciting opportunities to travel with mobile eye clinics. We set up an exam room and bring a large selection of glasses to communities in remote BC. Communities are so grateful that we are making eyecare convenient for them, and we make great connections along the way.
- Opportunities to be involved with vision therapy. Dr. Blumberg has a special interest in vision therapy and rehabilitation and would love to help you change our patients’ lives with vision therapy.
- Opportunities to be involved with low vision rehabilitation. Dr. Aigbe has a special interest in low vision rehabilitation as she completed her residency in Boston.
- Work life balance in an outdoor lifestyle focused growing community. Lillooet has plenty of outdoor activities including biking, hiking, camping, watersports on the many lakes nearby, 60 minutes from world class backcountry skiing on the Duffey Lake Highway (my personal favourite zone). There are also many organic farms and 2 wineries Fort Berens & Cliff and Gorge.
How to be a successful candidate:
- Experience in the optical industry is an asset. We are looking for an Optician but we are willing to train the right candidate who has optical experience to become an Optician.
- Customer Experience Skills. Strong communication skills so that you can listen to our patients and help them in the best way possible. We are looking for someone to join our team and be a leader to enhance our patients’ experience.
- Initiative. We are a small team of passionate individuals; initiative is crucial to continually improve our service to our patients.
- Positive Energy. We love having fun. Our patients can feel our friendly and professional attitude, we want you to be positive and have fun at work while still striving to do your best.
- Community. We are a vital service in the community. We are always looking for ways in which we can help improve vision to members of our community. We are looking for someone who believes in giving back to our community and willing to take the lead on community initiatives.
If you want to be a part of our team, we would love to hear from you. Please apply by sending an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2023 Optical Prism Magazine. All rights reserved