The front office assistant is responsible for ensuring a positive patient experience in scheduling appointments, checking in or out, and providing benefits counseling. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: answering all incoming phone calls, schedule managements, data entry into electronic medical record, verifying appointments, taking payments, opening and closing front office daily.
- Responsible for the following areas of patient care: telephone reception, greeting patients, assisting patients with forms, benefits counseling, preparing invoices, schedules appointments with specialists as recommended by doctor
- Verifies insurance and collects payment
- Collects and enters patient demographic and insurance information into the electronic medical record
- Manages the schedule - makes, changes, and cancels appointments; verifies appointments; pre-appoints, and recalls
- Closes front office, balances financially, prepares deposit
- Keeps front office statistics: production booked, recall, no-shows, pre-appointments
- Straightens up the reception area during the day
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Knowledge of what insurance plans the practice accepts: The employee is able to counsel patient on their benefits and answer questions about eligibility, deductibles and coverage
- Must have computer skills and the ability to learn EMR system
- Must have at least one year’s experience in medical reception, answering multi-line phone system and managing the patient schedule
- Strong ability to multi-task with high degree of accuracy, attention to detail a must
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Superior verbal and written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills essential
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.