Associate Optometrist - Nanaimo
Published: April 21, 2022
Saint Paul, AB, Canada | Full Time
Lakeland Family Eyecare is seeking a new team member!
We are looking for a full time Optometric Assistant. This position offers Monday to Friday hours, a competitive starting wage with opportunity for advancement, health/dental benefits, bonus programs, paid vacation, continuous education, a positive work environment, and a career you will love. We offer on the job training along with education including the Canadian Certified Optometric Assistant (CCOA) course which is paid for by Lakeland Family Eyecare.
Roles and responsibilities of this position include:
· Deliver exceptional customer service
· Assist patients with frame selection
· Educate patients on the best eyewear choices for their lifestyle
· Take frame and optical lens measurement
· Educate patients on contact lens insertion/removal and care
· Schedule appointments
· Third Party medical billing
· Maintain showroom cleanliness
· Perform patient recalls
· Weekly reports
· Prepare lab shipments
· General administrative tasks (faxing, photocopying, emailing, responding to order inquiries)
Education and Requirements:
· No previous optical experience is required but CCOA certification or previous optical experience is preferred. We are ready and able to train and educate a suitable candidate that possesses the positive attitude and determination we're looking for.
· Sales experience preferred but not required
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to work as a team
· Organizational skills
· Basic computer skills
· Professional, positive attitude, and enthusiastic
To become a part of our team as an Optometric Assistant, we would first like to get to know you. Please compose a short summary of why you are interested in our position and why you would make an amazing Optometric Assistant. Submit your summary with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or come in and visit us to drop off in person (we enjoy meeting all applicants).
Copyright © 2022 Optical Prism Magazine. All rights reserved