The Eye Centre provides quality eye care for patients in Fort McMurray, Drayton Valley, Leduc, and now Prince Albert! We offer a full range of vision services for eye health needs, including comprehensive eye examinations for the entire family. By continuously innovating and enhancing our processes and expertise together as a team, we strive to provide the best possible care to our patients.
We are looking for an outgoing, friendly Store Manager or Optician to work with our customers in Prince Albert to find the most suitable eyewear for their needs. You will recommend specific eyewear, take measurements, fit and adjust glasses, and teach customers to properly wear and care for their glasses or contact lenses.
The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer care in retail environment and willingness to learn about specialized eyewear, such as for sports and occupational use, as well as to inform and recommend tints and anti-reflective coatings.
- Participating in the learning and sharing of product knowledge, current trends, and personal styling preferences to inspire the customer and provide them with the best eyewear for their prescription needs, lifestyle, and facial features.
- Acting as a brand representative upholding the company values and energetic pace on the sales floor
- Performing adjustments and frame fittings according to the prescriptions and customer's specifications by using specialized equipment; performing necessary repairs to broken frames.
- Educating customers on proper wear and maintenance of glasses and contact lenses
- Collaborating with the optical technicians to initiate the manufacturing process of custom lenses, maintaining orders, and resolving delays
- Keeping inventory on frames and contact lenses to ensure product variety and customer satisfaction; liaising with brand representatives to stay up to date on the latest offerings
- Performing administrative duties, such as managing prescriptions, customer records, insurance, reconciliation of payments, and maintaining revenue goals and sales targets
- Managing support staff, providing relief for the other staff members, scheduling, delegating tasks, monitoring transactions, and performing other duties to ensure proper clinic operation on daily basis
- Participating in hiring, onboarding, and training of new employees
- Meeting with the Regional Manager, CEO and other managers to plan strategies for the company as well as implementing plans to address emerging issues and challenges
- Previous experience managing retail space with strong emphasis on customer service
- A provincial license or certification to practice as an optician is a strong asset
- Previous experience in a medical office is a strong asset
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and sales ability
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize, stay focused, and communicate clearly in a fast-paced environment
- Solid grasp of Microsoft Office and basic office equipment
- Highly competitive salary with regular performance and compensation reviews
- Executive benefits package
- Performance-based bonus
- Training and career development opportunities
- Continuing education support
- Established practice with loyal customer base and great job security
- Company culture that fosters collaboration