Associate Optometrist - Nanaimo
Published: July 15, 2022
Full-Time Optometric Assistant
Bonnyville, AB, Canada | Full Time
Are you searching for a new and exciting career? If you are we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Lakeland Family Eyecare (Bonnyville) is looking for a Full-Time Optometric Assistant. This position offers Monday to Friday hours, health/dental benefits, bonus programs, paid vacation, great starting wage, education, and a career you will love.
To apply for this position we will first need to know you. Start by introducing yourself and take a minute to compose a short summary about what an Optometric Assistant’s role is and why you are the perfect person for the position. Submit your summary, along with your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org or come in to drop it off in person (we enjoy meeting all applicants).
Roles and responsibilities:
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Assist patients with frame selection
- Educate patients on the best eyewear choices for their lifestyle
- Take frame and optical lens measurements
- Train and educate patients on contact lens insertion/removal and care
- Schedule appointments
- Order and maintain supplies as needed.
- Third Party medical billing
- Opening and closing showroom
- Maintain showroom cleanliness and organization
- Perform patient recalls
- Prepare lab shipments
- General administrative tasks (faxing, photocopying, emailing, responding to order inquiries, etc.)
Education and Requirements:
- CCOA certification or previous Optical experience is preferred but not required as we are willing to train, and educate a suitable candidate.
- Sales experience is an asset
- Experience working in a fast paced environment is essential
- Organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Upbeat, enthusiastic, and professional
- Reliable and punctual
Copyright © 2022 Optical Prism Magazine. All rights reserved