Associate Optometrist - Vancouver
Vancouver, British Columbia
Published: October 24, 2022
St. Thomas, ON, Canada | Full Time
Based at: First Optometry, 310 Wellington St., St. Thomas - soon moving to 1025 Talbot St., St, Thomas
Job Summary: Clinical support role - pretesting patients prior to examination
Reports to: Dr. Stephanie Millar and Dr. Ibrahim Oozeer
First Optometry is a long established, independent Optometry practice providing eye care, eye examinations, glasses, contact lenses, myopia management, dry eye treatments and other related services. We have a reputation for high standards of clinical and optical care, personalized service, a friendly atmosphere and enjoy a loyal clientele.
We are currently seeking full-time key members to join our growing team.
- You have excellent communication skills, are well presented, and confident.
-Your pleasant and caring manner will make our patients feel welcome and valued in our practice.
- You have a professional attitude and work at a steady pace to complete all necessary tasks and responsibilities without being asked.
- You work well as part of a team, willing to assist others when needed.
-You are well organized, accurate in your work, and efficient.
- You are self-motivated and strongly self-reliant.
- You have the ability to maintain composure, feelings and emotions when dealing with argumentative people or defensive situations. Your professionalism does not waver when presented with different personalities and/or situations.
- You are able to effectively multi-task while maintaining the highest level of customer service.
-You exhibit a strong working knowledge and understanding of modern technology. Training will be provided for our in-house system, OD Office Pro.
- You are reliable, honest and trustworthy.
- You are adaptable and love learning new things.
Duties and Responsibilities for Optometric Assistant:
Duties include but are not limited to…
- checking in patients
- measuring spectacle prescriptions
- performing non-contact tonometry, ocular coherence tomography, retinal imaging, auto-refraction
- scheduling patients
Full training will be provided to the right individual.
- Vision care
- Store discount
- Bonus pay
- Health coverage
8 hour shifts during our operation hours. Monday and Friday 8am-5pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 8am-6pm and Thursday 9am-7pm.
If we have caught your attention, we would love to hear from you! Please send your resume along with a cover letter to apply.
Copyright © 2023 Optical Prism Magazine. All rights reserved