Associate Optometrist - Vancouver
Vancouver, British Columbia
Published: October 27, 2022
Scottsdale, Arizona | Full Time
Are you sick of working in a fast-paced environment where you have to assist your patients in 15-min increments? At Eye Lab we focus on giving patients a luxurious eye care experience. You can take your time to build a relationship with your patient and assist them with their eyewear needs.
Our office is seeking another team member who wants to work with us in the most beautiful optometry office in the state of Arizona. (this is not a lie, visit yourself and you will find out !)
If you're also a cat lover, our mascot cat Simba comes to work once a week with us!
List of Responsibilities/Duties:
1. Provides best possible eyewear solution that is responsive to each customer needs.
2. Enters all sales data completely and accurately at point of sale.
3. Maintains Optical cleanliness and appearance for display of goods and equipment.
4. Maintains smooth customer flow during hours of operation.
5. Monitors wait times for delivery of goods ordered--keeping customers informed on what we are doing to resolve problem.
6. Knowledgeable of specific requirements of the various managed care vision plans.
7. Handles customer relations.
8. Measures pupillary distance and segment heights in order to correctly center lenses for the patient.
9. Performs lensometry in order to confirm prescription, duplicate present glasses, verify prisms, and bifocal add-ons.
10. Performs diagnostic work for physicians with regard to patient Rx, prisms, bifocals and lens type.
11. Fits and dispenses finished eyewear.
12. Makes telephone contacts with patients for edging appointments and contacts patients promptly in the case of any kind of delay.
13. Maintains technical competency and obtains professional certifications required by supervisor.
14. Responsible for participating in continuing education for both technical, merchandise and sales.
15. Responsible for physical inventory of stock frames, lenses, and all lab supplies.
16. Communicates with frame vendors regarding day to day frame inventory
17. Participates in physical inventory counting process quarterly.
**Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at anytime at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.**
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $22.00 per hour
Employee required to wear masks. Office is sanitized throughout the day.
Copyright © 2023 Optical Prism Magazine. All rights reserved