Associate Optometrist - Vancouver
Vancouver, British Columbia
Published: December 6, 2022
Receptionist or Administrative Assistant
Vernon, BC, Canada | Full Time
We are looking for a dynamic receptionist/administrative assistant for our friendly team!
Come join our small, independent optometry practice in beautiful Vernon, BC! We provide caring, relationship-based eye care for the whole family.
Experience in our field is valued but we are willing to provide training for those who have relevant skills.
Your work with our patients would include:
- answering the telephone, scheduling and confirming appointments;
- welcoming patients who visit the clinic;
- maintaining safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID19 and other infections;
- accurately recording personal data and communications for electronic medical records;
- confidential document management including scanning, record-keeping, and shredding;
- finalizing patient invoices and taking payments;
- preparing bank deposits and other reports regarding use of products and services;
- managing office supplies;
- coordinating special events;
- backup support for preliminary diagnostic testing;
- backup support for frame and sunglass selection, new eyewear delivery, adjustment and repair.
Everyone on the team works daytime and Saturday hours.
We are looking for someone who is:
- consistently cheerful, friendly, well-spoken and poised;
- dedicated to getting to know our new and returning families;
- sensitive and reassuring to those who are anxious during their visit;
- able to earn patients’ confidence and respect; and
- passionate about fulfilling our patients’ needs and expectations.
Is this your work style?
- professional, responsible and reliable;
- helpful, cooperative and diplomatic in a team setting;
- detail-oriented and conscientious;
- able to organize, multi-task and set priorities in a busy environment; and
- willing to learn continually and adapt to change.
Regardless of background, we are looking for an enthusiastic person with interest in a long-term career. We support training for the Canadian Certified Optometric Assistant Course for suitable candidates.
Relevant experience may include:
- retail, sales, customer or health care services;
- reception and office administration.
- basic bookkeeping or keen interest to learn the basics would be an asset.
Please drop off your resume in person at our clinic or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 2023 Optical Prism Magazine. All rights reserved