At Specsavers, we have been transforming eye health and careers around the world for over 35 years. We are the world’s largest privately owned optical retailer serving 41 million customers at 2,700 locations in 11 countries. We are proud to have over 40,000 colleagues who have chosen to work with us. But we’re not just impressive numbers, we’re about industry-leading quality and we’re on a mission to change lives through better sight. That’s why we need you.
The Store Manager (Licensed Optician) opportunity
Our passion is to deliver outstanding customer care, combined with sound dispensing advice and product recommendations that best suit our customers’ needs. That’s why we’re looking for an exceptional people person and Registered Optician to run the daily retail operations of Specsavers’ London, Masonville Place location.
As the leading supervisor and optician, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your leadership skills as you partner closely with the store’s retail owner and manage a team of Eyecare Consultants to deliver an outstanding customer journey end-to-end. You’ll be responsible for overseeing, coaching, and developing team members on all aspects of product selection, sales techniques, problem solving and service standards. We use the latest clinical technology, rigorous testing, and extensive quality assurance processes to develop our lenses so that you can support your customers and patients with a full range of top-quality products that you’re proud to offer.
If you care about eye health and the customer journey as much as we do, we want to hear from you.
Our Store Manager (Licensed Optician) position gives you:
- An opportunity to be part of a company that values opticians as a key piece of our business – Our vision is to elevate the role of Opticians by putting opticianry at the heart of our business, along with optometry
- A commitment to a continued investment in your professional development as an optician: we offer an annual stipend towards attendance of industry events, Opticianry development training programs, and support for your completion of the Continuing Competence Program/Quality Assurance Program Opticianry
- Extended health plan and our Employee Assistance Program which provides access to services including: counselling, family/elder care support, financial assistance, legal services, health coaching, nutritional guidance, stress management, and leadership tools.
- 3 weeks’ vacation, 6 sick days (PT and FT), 1 paid volunteer day per year, and your birthday off
- 2 free pairs of glasses annually. Enjoy discounted rates for additional Specsavers products
- Access to our internal app where you can easily connect with other Specsavers’ colleagues across the country, share stories, gain rewards, and have easy access to training modules Opportunities to advance your career with a professional development plan
In addition to competitive pay, training, and the opportunity to be with us from the start of our exciting Specsavers journey in Canada – you can be at the forefront for new opportunities and career growth as we expand to reach our target of 200 stores in Canada by 2024.
What we’re looking for
You will need to be a registered optician with the college of Ontario. Beyond your experience, you’re passionate about eyecare and are committed to exceptional customer experience and patient care.
- We’re people people, and you are too. You have a demonstrated history of exceptional customer care in your previous management position
- You will need to be a licensed/registered optician holding a valid Dispensing Optician and/or Contact Lens Fitter License in your province.
- You help us stand out by embracing our unique Specsavers Customer Experience model, which means you prioritize driving long term customer relationships over short term results
- You have an ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve excellent technical standards, creating and celebrating WOW moments and delivering experiences that transcend customers’ expectations
- You surpass expectations by exceeding performance targets using key performance indicators to increase sales, minimize costs and maximize profits all while keeping in mind that our most important KPI is customer satisfaction
- You have a keen eye for detail, ensuring that all orders and dispenses are as accurate as possible to maximize customer satisfaction
- You have experience managing store operations and optimizing business performance by creating a vision of success, handling potential complaints and grievances with care, analyzing management reports, and managing the day-to-day running of the store effectively