Crescent Heights Optometry is seeking a FULL-TIME Optician / Optometric Assistant to join our team!
- Greeting customers with a warm welcome;
- Booking appointments and checking in patients;
- Answering customer calls promptly;
- Recalling patients and confirming appointments;
- Invoicing patients and direct billing to Third Party providers;
- Assist patients with frame, lenses, and lens coating selection;
- Confident in explaining key features of lenses, frames, and the benefits of various lens coatings;
- Taking pupil and segment height measurements accurately without errors;
- Dispense, adjust and repair eyeglasses;
- Tracking job status with optical labs and ensuring timely turnaround times;
- Verify prescription eyeglasses and notify patients when their glasses are ready for pickup;
- Order contact lenses and notify patients when their contact lenses are ready for pickup;
- Troubleshoot patient concerns and ensure patient satisfaction;
- Contributing to store retail sales goals;
- Contact various frame representatives to choose and purchase the latest frame styles;
- Ideal candidates should enjoy learning about the newest features available in eyewear technologies and be able to accurately demonstrate this to our patients;
- Takes pride in-store appearance, shows initiative to keep the store clean, attractive & organized at all times;
- Monitor inventory: keeping contact lens trials and eye care products fully stocked at all times, rotating stock and checking for expired products;
- Conduct optical pre-testing for the optometrists;
- Possesses the ability to multi-task, prioritize & manage time with competing priorities;
- Maintain cleaning schedules.
Qualifications / Assets:
- Candidates with a minimum of 2-year of dispensing experience are welcome to apply;
- Familiarity with optical software;
- Experience with optical pre-testing would be considered an asset;
- Maintain regular, consistent, and professional attendance. Commitment and punctuality are essential to these positions;
- Clear and effective communication skills;
- Ability to build rapport with patients;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We look forward to hearing from you. We encourage all eligible applicants to apply.
We follow the COVID-19 protocols from the Alberta Association of Optometrists and the Government of Alberta, which include the following and are not limited to masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, limited patients for social distancing, etc.